Our JC2 students have just completed their A-Levels exam for General Paper (GP), and here are the 2018 GCE A-Levels Exam Questions for GP Paper 1 (Essay):
1. How far is failure an essential part of success?
2. To what extent is the pursuit of continuous economic growth a desirable goal?
3. In an age of rapid technological advancement, is a single career for life realistic?
4. ‘In the global age we inhabit, there is no justification for national boundaries.’ How far do you agree?
5. To what extent is sporting achievement given adequate recognition in your society?
6. Do handicrafts still have value when machine-produced goods are so readily available?
7. ‘People today do not work as hard as they did in the past.’ How true is this of your society?
8. Discuss the view that all countries have an equal responsibility to counter terrorism.
9. Is pressure a motivating force or a cause for unhappiness?
10. ‘Works of art which have been removed from their country of origin should be returned.’ Discuss.
11. ‘Foreign aid does not solve long-term problems.’ To what extent is this a fair viewpoint?
12. Consider the view that we do not take enough responsibility for our own well-being.
Which question would you have chosen to answer? =)
Stay tuned to The Knowledge Loft as we discuss some of these questions and issues in the coming weeks!